Your scribe tries to give you insight into a broad selection of quality wines (and sometimes food) every Monday in his weekly Blog. More emphasis is placed on older bottles because generally there already is a plethora of views out there on the social media about the currently released vintages. Less information on choice cellared bottles. Perhaps too much focus is placed on Bordeaux & Burgundy (including Chablis) but most IWFS members have a keen interest in and collection from those regions. It is noted that your Top Ten for 2022 lists 3 articles about Burgundy & Bordeaux – including your #1 Pichon Lalande. Lots of other ones would make my top 10 including the IWFS Wine Pairings as a valuable new resource, the 3 part IWFS Vancouver Branch tour of the popular South Okanagan, and the spotlight on the 3 Leovilles from St. Julien with Bill Blatch. Thanks for your wonderful support and hope you continue to follow us during 2023.
1. PICHON LALANDE CONTINUES TO BE AN AMAZING PAUILLAC!
2. ROAST SUCKLING PIG IMPRESSIVE PAIRED WITH SUPERB TRIMBACH ALSACE GRAND CRU MANDELBERG
3. ENJOYMENT FOR NEARLY 40 YEARS OF THOSE AMAZING 1982 ST. JULIEN WINES
4. OPUS ONE VERTICAL HIGHLIGHTS AN INTERESTING HISTORY
5. CHARDONNAY VARIETY FROM OKANAGAN BRITISH COLUMBIA HAS MADE GREAT PROGRESS TO WORLD CLASS
6. PRODUCER, VINTAGE & VINEYARD ALL IMPORTANT INFLUENCES ON PULIGNY-MONTRACHET QUALITY
7. ROUSSEAU BURGUNDIES MAYBE WORTHY OF INFLATED PRICES
8. DOMAINE CHANDON DE BRIAILLES ZOOM WINE TASTING VERY IMPRESSIVE WITH RESPECTED MADAME CLAUDE DE NICOLAY
9. ITALIAN WHITES MUCH IMPROVED ARE WELL WORTH EXPLORING & EVEN AGING
10. 2019 BORDEAUX WINES RELEASE AT BCLDB STORES ON NOVEMBER 19
You might also like: