Your most popular Blogs for 2023 were quite an interesting mixed bag of wine & food topics. However, your scribe was pleased to see one of my cherished favourites of en vogue Grand Cru Chablis topping the List as #1 – and also a region being affected by climate change as #4. Other missives on Burgundy, Italian and British Columbia wines made Top Ten hits. Liked also that food was in the spotlight including a Spanish Paella Dinner as runner-up at #2. So many possible ideas for your Blog each week. Trying to focus more on older wines that members may have put away as future treasures in their cellar and are now enjoying. Lots of info out there on current wines but less on vertical tastings – something that I am fortunate to attend quite often and want to share insights with you. Enthusiastic about any topics of interest you would appreciate me tackling in 2024. Please post any of your ideas.
1. GRAND CRU CHABLIS SHINE BRIGHTLY WITH UNIQUE TERROIR!
2. WONDERFUL “PINTXOS & PAELLA” SPANISH DINNER PARTY!
3. TENUTE LUCE WINE DINNER AT ITALIAN KITCHEN AN AUTHENTIC TUSCAN EXPERIENCE
4. SURPRISING INHERENTLY ADAPTIVE OLD CHABLIS VINES ARE TAKING 2023 CLIMATE CHANGES IN STRIDE!
5. FRENCH CHEESE WITH BURGUNDY IS STILL A CLASSIC PAIRING! WHITE OR RED?
6. 2019 CLOS VOUGEOT HORIZONTAL CONFIRMS THIS KEY BURGUNDY APPELLATION IS MUCH IMPROVED IN QUALITY
7. ANTINORI TIGNANELLO VERTICAL
8. 44TH VANCOUVER INTERNATIONAL WINE FESTIVAL FEATURED SOUTH AMERICA & SO MUCH MORE
9. AN UPDATE ON WINES OF BRITISH COLUMBIA VINTAGES 2010-2022
10. SUCCESSFUL RETURN OF 2023 B.C. LT. GOV. WINE AWARDS + WORLD CLASS AGED SANDHILL BARBERA SURPRISES!