Your Ask Sid feature has worked out pretty well in 2021. Some most interesting topics were raised! Enjoy the challenge of dealing with such a knowledgeable wine & food audience out there. Please keep your stimulating questions coming! Information on current buzz happenings (#1 Frost, #2 Smoke Taint, and #3 Revised St. Emilion classification) were the most viewed, not surprising. Yet quite a wide range of subjects were most popular in your Top Ten. A couple of #fav or #fave of mine that didn’t make it were: When to describe a wine as “Crunchy?” & “What is the meaning of “Petrichor?”. Looking forward to more discourse with everyone in 2022.
1. Your thoughts on the frost damage this month in French vineyards
2. What is the latest news on smoke taint in grapes affecting wine?
3. What is happening with the St. Emilion classification?
4. What is an unctuous wine?
5. 2018 Bordeaux?
6. Correct pronunciation for French Wine Regions?
7. Why is Grands-Echezeaux called “Grands”?
8. What are the upcoming harvest yields in France looking like for 2021?
9. Which country is credited for the first use of grapes for wine making?
10. Thoughts on buying 2018 or 2019 Napa Valley reds?
You might also like: