Thanks for your most thoughtful and often quite challenging questions throughout 2022. They certainly were a mixed bag of queries concerning both food but mainly wine. Your scribe always likes to hear from you and appreciates your interest & participation in this popular Wednesday feature. Award best question of the year to Jenny C for her recent most specific topical question (actually 4) on Champagne recommendations for the festive season. One of the great benefits of our interest in food & wine is that all of us continue to regularly learn and educate ourselves on this fascinating topic. Please keep it going with more in 2023!
1. What is all the hype about the new 2019 Chateau d’Yquem?
2. What is the name of the largest grape variety?
3. What are the differences between Ridge Zinfandel wines from Geyserville & Lytton Springs?
4. Name of the wind affecting Rioja vineyards?
5. What is Geosmin?
6. What is the correct temperature at which you should serve your Champagne?
7. Who are some of the main Burgundy producers that are now in Oregon?
8. What is the buzz on this new wine bottle made out of paper?
9. I live in Ontario and enjoy good value red wine in the $25 range, especially cabernet sauvignons from Paso Robles. Any guidance to those?
10. Which wine region do you expect to benefit most this year from climate change?
You might also like: