Ask Sid: Name for storage casks used in Madeira, Port & Sherry?

February 17th, 2021
Ask your question here

Quesiton: I know the names of barriques and casks for used in wine production. But what are the correct names for them in Madeira, Port & Sherry?

Answer: Yes this is all rather confusing with so many different names used for wine barrels in many varying sizes in regions around the world. Difficult indeed. Madeira & Port both used to be called Pipes with Madeira in a smaller size. Now though generally you have MADEIRA DRUMS & PORT PIPES. Also SHERRY BUTTS.

You might also like:
February 17th, 2021

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Skip to toolbar