Ask Sid: Name for wire cage used on sparkling wine?

December 8th, 2021
Ask your question here

Question: Is there a name for that wire structure around the cork on Sparkling wine?

Answer: Yes there is. A unique specially designed wire cage or metal clip secures the cork firmly in place against the higher pressure inside a bottle of sparkling wine (including Champagne). The correct name for it is AGRAFE pronounced “uh-graf”.

You might also like:

December 8th, 2021

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Skip to toolbar