By Joseph Temple
With summer ending and the cool autumn breeze soon blowing through the orchards, nothing is better than settling in for the evening with some classic comfort food and a nice glass of wine. Here are just a few ideas to get the conversation started. What are some of your favorites?
1. Chicken Pot Pie and Riesling – rich and creamy filling in a delicate flaky pastry
2. Meatloaf and Shiraz – a classic dinner complete with peas and mashed potatoes
3. Shrimp & Grits and Gewürztraminer – a southern staple with a touch of spice
4. Turkey Dinner and Chardonnay – a tradition for the holidays or any big family meal
5. Macaroni & Cheese and Cabernet Franc – gooey, warm, creamy with endless add-in possibilities
6. Pot Roast and Merlot – easy to put together, ready by the time you get home from a long day
7. Spaghetti & Meatballs and Chianti – anything with tomato sauce is instantly comforting
8. Chili and Pinot Noir – hearty, meaty, spicy, satisfying.
By Neil Conway [CC BY 2.0], via Flickr
9. Tomato soup with grilled cheese and Pinot Gris – remember rushing home for lunch
and mom would be waiting with a delicious meal finished with a glass of milk?
10. BBQ and Zinfandel – when you are not quite ready for summer to end
You might also like: