Winery visit recommendations in the Southern Rhone?

Home Forums Global Travel Discussions and Questions Winery visit recommendations in the Southern Rhone?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    John Danza

My wife and I will be staying in Provence for a couple of weeks this spring and would like to visit a few wineries in the Southern Rhone while we’re there. Are there any in particular that you would recommend for a good experience?

Kathleen Kallaus
    Keymaster

John, I can only recommend what was recommended to us as a followup to the Rhone River Cruise this summer. I have an acquaintance who does tours in Provence and will be acting as our tour guide. We will be visiting Chateau la Nerthe (appt. needed – 13 euros, tasting free) and Vieux Telegraphe. Others we have not yet decided upon but recommended include: Domaine Pegau, Clos du Caillou, Clos St. Jean, Chateau Mont Redon (all needing appointments). Also Domaine de la Janasse, Bastide St.Dominique, Domaine Font de Michelle, and Clos des Papes. Chateau Rayas is very difficult unless you are a substantial purchaser of their wines. Kathy Kallaus

John Danza

Hi Kathy,

Thanks much for the reply. When Jan and I were in that area in 2003, we went to La Nerthe and it was excellent. I plan on hitting Vieux Telegraphe, Janasse, and Mourchon as well. I’ll look into the others you’ve mentioned.

Jan and I will be in the area the week leading up to the BGA Rhone cruise, so we may join in on one of the pre-cruise days if it works ok with Steve Hipple. So we’ll probably see you there if you’re doing the pre-cruise stuff.

Kathleen Kallaus
    Keymaster

Yes, we will be in Lyon June 5th for the pre-cruise festivities.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.