TN: 1984 Kenwood Johannisberg Riesling Late Harvest Sonoma County

Home Forums Global Wine Discussions TN: 1984 Kenwood Johannisberg Riesling Late Harvest Sonoma County

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    John Danza
    • 1984 Kenwood Johannisberg Riesling Late Harvest Sonoma County – USA, California, Sonoma County (3/12/2016)
      This bottle had leaked previously in its life. Clear mahogany color. Good acidity but no sweetness to notice. It seems that much of the 8.6% RS at bottling had aged out and the rest was masked by the acidity. Hopefully this is an aberration with this bottle due to the prior leaking, as the color gives me hope that this can still be a good wine at this point. (NR/flawed)

Posted from CellarTracker

Dale Egan

Clear mahogany may well have been alarming…. glad to hear all was well…. did you accompany it with anything?

John Danza

Hi Dale,

I heard from someone more familiar with these wines than I that the original level of residual sugar was low enough that it may not have been very sweet to begin with. Expecting more sweetness, I paired it with a key lime pie. If the rest of the bottles I have are like this one, it’s probably better with cheese or maybe oysters.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.